Sunday, July 11, 2010

Flying Cars - The Fruits of Progress!

Okay.  I do a lot of bitching and moaning about this mad, crazy future-present world we're living in now.

But just once in a while something comes along that makes it all seem wonderful and worth it.

This is one of those times.


That seems to be a bona-fide flying car.  Its manufacturers claim it gets 30 mpg on the highway and burns only 5 gallons per hour in the air.  And it can take off and clear a 50' obstacle in 1700 feet. 

These were the sorts of gadgets we were promised, back when we started thinking about the future with technological determination: robot wives, holo-decks, and flying cars.  Looks like we'll finally be one for three.

I don't care that it looks dorky.  I want one.  Bad.


If only I had an extra $200,000 lying around.  

Ironically enough, there's no place I have to get to on a regular basis that warrants ownership of an airplane.  Still, I'm sure I could think of something to do, even if it was the old standby $100 hamburger.


(Link thanks to boingboing.)

No comments:

Post a Comment