Saturday, October 23, 2010

NanoWrimo Logo

I may be taking on the NanoWrimo again this year.  Already got some notes together on several characters and a basic idea behind the driving force of what might charitably be called a plot.

And of course, my heart is with the people over at the Typewriter Brigade, who are signing on to pound their 50,000 words out on manual typewriters this year.  I may follow suit.  Haven't decided.  A laptop (preferably a disconnected one) is just such a handy device for organizing the notes, keeping characters and setting straight, etc.  But that doesn't mean I can't leave those digitized notes off to the side and pound out the actual draft on one of my beloved old machines.

If I do this, it will by my third time through, and my fourth novel.  I hit the 50,000 word mark both in 2002 and 2004, but the only time I've actually completed a story, instead of just a word-count, was sometime in 2007, where I hit 90,000 words, and I didn't do it in November, nor did I complete it in one month.  That one was a lot better than the first two, though, and I learned the persistence required to finish it from those previous Novembers.

Perhaps this is the year that I come up with something worth finishing, revising, and submitting.  Time will tell, I suppose.

But November is not the time to consider such things.  November is the month to put out eight double spaced typewritten pages every day until you have a stack 200 high.

I found an image that captures the spirit of the month quite nicely, and capped it off with my new favorite slogan.


I think that sums the project up rather nicely, don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment