Monday, August 12, 2013

Loading Zone

I like the colors, contrasts, and angles of this loading zone, like an interrupted lesson in perspective… 

ZoneWithClouds

And the retro-technical implications of this water-meter complex, begrudgingly counting flow.

WaterMeter

Grey clapboard and concrete cannot hold back such a brilliant sky.

Sky&Wall

Nor can the symphony of these angles delay the onslaught of light and time.

Corner

Sometimes all we can do is wait.

Chair

Even if the spaces were not built for us and do not want to hold us.

NoParkingLoadingZone

We’ll pass through nonetheless, in submission and defiance.

TrashTime

[All pictures taken with a $15 LG900 phone. It was all I had in my pocket.]

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful composition! Photos 3, 4, and 5 could easily be in an exhibition.

    A few months ago my wife and I had photos accepted for a juried exhibit of abstract photography. Hers was taken with her cell phone. Mine was done with an old point and shoot style digital worth about 2 bucks. It's not only the tools, it's the eye. (And some luck.)

    Jeff The Bear

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, folks. Jeff, congratulations on the exhibit!

    The eye and some luck would be helped a great deal by some free time as well, I'm sure. Or maybe I just need to be more aggressive about taking that phone out of my pocket.

    ReplyDelete