Monday, July 4, 2011

Antique Typecast - "Rejected"

Another bit of ephemera from the family box of old documents.

 

I'm not as up on my historical presidential politics as I would like to be, but a quick googling of the Nine Old Men makes me think this document has been sitting around since the 1930s. Which makes the age of my previous typecast suddenly likely to be a bit greater.

It seems my ancestors were opposed to the New Deal. Again, I'm not sure if this was composed by some ancestor, or just copied out of a newspaper or magazine. I like that the level of political discourse is such that you couldn't fit it on a bumper sticker (or several) though.

1 comment:

  1. Nine Old Men=Supreme Court, which was declaring portions of The New Deal unconstitutional, so he threatened to add seats, as many as needed to pack it with hacks who would rubberstamp whatever he wanted to do.

    A quick search found the poem as being by "Anonymous."

    ReplyDelete